Monday, October 10, 2011

WorldWinner Big Money Bot written in Python

What WW used to look like before GSN bought them.

I generally scored between 60,000-120,000 points on WorldWinner's Big Money compete-for-cash game, which, to me, was pretty good.  That was until I decided to looked up some strategies for improving my skill in BM and instead stumbled upon some YouTube videos of players scoring upwards of 350,000 points. My highest score was 137,582, and the highest I've ever seen in my experience was around 180k. You can imagine I was pretty shocked that a score higher than 200,000 was even possible, let alone achievable without cheating.


I then realized how much I suck at this game.  Well, what do you do when you can't beat a game?  Try, try again?  Practice?  Nope.  You cheat.


A simple Google search for "worldwinner big money bot" led me to one of those shady infomercial style sites with obviously fake and cheesy testimonials.  The product's slogan ended with "MAKE MORE MONEY THAN YOU COULD EVER IMAGINE!!!"  Riiiiiight.

Other than that shady site, I couldn't find any mention elsewhere of a bot for Big Money.  I decided to make my own.

It works, but it doesn't strategize, ponder, or think ahead yet; so it will usually end the game with a score between 60k - 120k.  I wrote this a while ago and I'm too busy at the moment to implement this feature.  If anybody would like to improve upon this, feel free.  Be warned, however: I didn't think I'd be sharing this so it's poorly commented.

To start, simply download the script here.  It was written for the latest version of Python 2, but any version > 2.5 should work fine IIRC.  It requires the Python Imaging Library (PIL) and Python for Windows Extensions (pywin32).


Before you can run it, you'll need to modify the script to set some variables.  You'll need to change variables 'xbeg' and 'ybeg' to fit your resolution and browser.  You can take a screenshot and measure the distance in MS Paint.  Use the picture below as a guide.


Here's a video of the bot in action:


8 comments:

  1. I need your help! I've tried, but didn't work at all. =(

    ReplyDelete
  2. golden flower, what happens when you run the script? Does it crash? Make sure you have all the required libraries and Python 2.7X.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! does it work? is xbeg and ybeg mesured thrue whole browser window or i messure just game window?

    ReplyDelete
  4. litaz: Yes, it works. xbeg and ybeg are measured from the edges of your screen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How do I install the required software? I tried downloading it with the link you gave us, but it says:"Phyton 2.5 is required for this package. Select installation to use" and then there is 2 open blocks with each of them this discription"Pythin Directory" and Installation Directory". What can I do to get this programs?

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi i used ur software and it really works.. but im still defeated all the times... i just want to ask if u can help me to modify the script or improve it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, I had a question about an error I get when I debug which is:

    ----------------------------------
    DEBUG INFO:

    Moves: 300 Worry: 6
    Calculated coordinate table.
    timeout: 0.503141391194
    (602, 812)
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\framework\scriptutils.py", line 322, in RunScript
    debugger.run(codeObject, __main__.__dict__, start_stepping=0)
    File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\__init__.py", line 60, in run
    _GetCurrentDebugger().run(cmd, globals,locals, start_stepping)
    File "C:\Python27\Lib\site-packages\Pythonwin\pywin\debugger\debugger.py", line 655, in run
    exec cmd in globals, locals
    File "C:\Users\Macros Account\Desktop\worldwinnerfinal.py", line 27, in
    import os
    File "C:\Users\Macros Account\Desktop\worldwinnerfinal.py", line 64, in main
    letitrip()
    File "C:\Users\Macros Account\Desktop\worldwinnerfinal.py", line 83, in letitrip
    play()
    File "C:\Users\Macros Account\Desktop\worldwinnerfinal.py", line 108, in play
    scan() #updates matrix with coin colors
    File "C:\Users\Macros Account\Desktop\worldwinnerfinal.py", line 431, in scan
    color = getcolor(f, b, img)
    File "C:\Users\Macros Account\Desktop\worldwinnerfinal.py", line 462, in getcolor
    r, g, b = pix[x, y]
    IndexError: image index out of range

    ----------------------------------

    Not sure how to get the bot to not close on me after I hit enter? I set the xbeg and ybeg correct, but I don't know much about python. I tried researching my problem on Google but I guess I'm not that smart. I have all the programs, ect. downloaded correctly. I appreciate you making this bot for free and thank you in advance for your help to anyone who helps me.

    ReplyDelete